PPE Forestry - Occupational safety and personal protective equipment
PPE Forestry stands for personal protective equipment for forestry workers. The concept of work protection for forest workers is meant to reduce the risk adherent when working in the forest, especially when handling a chainsaw. Forestry protective equipment consists of several work safety items and is often subject to rigorous testing procedures.
A complete PSA for forestry work consists of five parts:
- Protection trousers: integrated in the trousers are long, thin cut resistant fibers. These are loosely hung or laid between the upper fabric. When they come into contact with the saw chain, they get caught up in the individual teeth and wrap around the drive pinion of the chain saw, so that the saw comes to a standstill. Above all this prevents injuries caused by trailing chainsaws. In our online shop you will find cut protection pants in various designs to complete your forestry protection equipment.
- Work jackets: These jackets do not normally have cut protection. Of course, we can also offer you cut protection jackets for specific sawing tasks or for working on a boom lift. For the most part, forestry work jackets serve to improve the visibility of the forest worker, thus they have to stand out from his environment in color. Of course, protection from the effects of weather is another function of this type of clothing.
- Work gloves and protective gloves: please browse our category for Occupational Safety for various gloves of different materials and different shapes. These protect your hands from scratches, cuts and thorns during forestry work. In winter protection against the cold protection is an important feature.
- Forestry helmet or protective headgear for work in the forest: A forest protective headgear combination consists of various components. The helmet itself, face protection and hearing protection. The helmet protects, for example, from branches that fall from the crown area of the trees. The visor and other types of face protection protect above all from sawdust. Use of hearing protection is imperative when working with loud chainsaws or other noisy equiipment. and protects against permanent hearing loss. We offer forestry helmets in various signal colors.
- Safety shoes and cut resistant shoes: shoes with a good grip, with steel cap and cut protection for the foot area of the worker are part and parcel of safety equipment for anyone working in the forest.
Grube: Your specialist for personal protective equipment in forestry
In Germany, accident prevention regulations prescribe the use of personal protective equipment (PSA Forst). There are different marks and symbols that you should pay attention to when purchasing your safety equipment or when you are handling a chainsaw. Noteworthy marks are the CE marking, all references to the cut protection class as well as the utility value test of the KWF (Board of Trustees for Forestry Technology). If in our online shop for work protection you need further advice, please call us. We are happy to answer your questions about our products.